Vaad Meeting – 13-Sep-2016 10 Elul 5776
- Location: Ahavas Shalom
- Attending: Lev Seltzer, Micha Kushner, Aryeh Beer, Ari Waldman, Yonah Kaufman
- Absent: Avi Rosenberg, Alan Lindsey
- Summary by Micha Kushner
Summary of 9 Av and Bein HaZmanim
- Members explaining Kinot was good idea and added to Tefilos. Maybe need to think about how to make speakers louder (stand in middle, loud speaker).
- Yeshiva BHZ had about 300 hours of learning. The costs were covered by donations.
- Thanks to organizers Avi Rosenberg + Naftali Kaplan.
- The 8:55 Shacharis was well attended and will return in future BHZ times.
- A/C #1 (above Mr. Beer) is not working well. Initial check showed that the air conditioners (except #6 in Annex) are very dirty.
- A/C technician will clean and rinse four air conditioners before RH.
- Simchas Beis HaShoeva will tentatively be on Motzei Chag, Monday night.
- The Vaad is looking into the possibility of re-upholstering of seats.
- The insurance requires 2 x 6Kilo powder fire extinguishers. One of the current extinguishers is too small and the other needs to be refilled.
- We have quotes for new fire extinguishers and will proceed with getting a permit for insurance.
- There will tentatively be 3rd meal on Parshas Ki Tavo for men in the Shul and for women in the Rav’s apartment.
- The Vaad is working on creating an Annex rental contract.
Amuta and Finances
- The Amuta’s 2015 reports were filed in July. We are waiting for Ishur Nihul Takin, which can take up to 60 days.
This entry was posted in Vaad Update
. Bookmark the permalink