Location: Ahavas Shalom
Attending: Lev Seltzer, Micha Kushner, Aryeh Beer, Avi Rosenberg, Alan Lindsey, Yonah Kaufman
Absent: Ari Waldman
Summary by Micha Kushner
Melave Malka Summary
- The Melave Malka started about 20 minutes late. This threw off the schedule and the caterer.
- The speaker talked for about 45 minutes, which also added to the lateness. The Melave Malka ended after 23:00 instead of around 22:30.
- There were about 66 men and 30 men. The fourth women’s table was empty and moved to the men’s side to accommodate overflow in the men’s section.
- Feedback about the caterer and speaker was discussed.
- The three part Siyum (2 Gemorah Masechtas and one Seder Mishnayos) was complicated and difficult to get completed, even though the sign was up over two months in advance.
- There were a few minor issues with the printer, but the journal was printed well for a very good price. Next year we should keep the same printer.
Purim and Mishloach Manot
- Neshei Ahavas Shalom (NAS) are running Mishloach Manot project. Focal points are Mrs. Friedman and Mrs. Raymond.
- Lev and Micha will be intermediaries between the Vaad and NAS.
- Speaker for end of Taanis Esther – Yosef Richards (confirmed).
- There will again be a Megilah with the Kehila this year on Purim night.
- Minyan times will remain similar to last year with minor changes for Purim being on Motzash. Lev will send out final schedule after discussing with Naftali Kaplan.
- There will be signs stating that any “zecher ½ shekel” money left on the Bima after the 14:00 Mincha will be used by the Gabbaim as they see fit.
Amuta and Other Administrative Issues
- American Friends of Ahavas Shalom is open and running. We received USA tax deduction status (501c3). A PayPal account is operating. Lev is in the process of opening bank account at Signature Bank.
- 2016 Amuta Reports are in progress. Micha, Yona, and Mr. Beer are working to answer all questions and supply missing information.
- We are planning to have the Rav give several Shiurim for women (Purim, Pessach, Chinuch). The Vaad is coordinating details with NAS.
- Micha is working on having an updated membership database.