Last night (Motza”sh) was the annual general membership meeting.
Yoni Palmer chaired the meeting.
- Aryeh Beer presented the financial update
- Micha Kushner summarized the activities by the Vaad over the past year
- Amuta management
- Hachnasat Sefer Torah
- Naftali Kaplan reported that the building committee is moving ahead and the following has been decided:
- We will be building IY”H a three story cement building.
- The cheapest way for us to enter the building is to build the basement (Ulam Smachot) first.
- This will require moving to a temporary location, removing the caravan, excavating down to at least street level, digging new foundation supports.
- This has minimal or no effect on building the upper floors in a later stage.
- The estimated cost for a complete basement floor (including all fees (Iriya, building permit, advisers (electricity, fire, etc.)) is 2.5 million NIS.
- We have initial pledges (before we even started fundraising) of about 300,000NIS.
- Elections for new Vaad – Members voted to expand the Vaad to 8 members The new Vaad members are:
- Yoni Palmer
- Aryeh Beer
- Micha Kushner
- Yonah Kauffman
- Aryeh Waldman
- Lev Seltzer
- Aron Sokol
- Avi Rosenberg
- The Vaad elected: Yoni P. as president, Aryeh Beer as Treasurer and Micha Kushner as secretary
All members are invited to volunteer their time and energy and should contact a Vaad member to find out how.