While there was public discussion about increasing the maximum capacities for synagogues, unfortunately our representatives in the Knesses were not able to convince the others, and so the capacity remains at 10 people per “space”. The latest rules are dated July 23, and can be viewed at the government website. Our plans remain the same for weekdays and Shabbos. Shabbos plans are below:
- The Beis Medrash will be divided into 3 “capsules”, for men plus a fourth “capsule” in the hall for ladies. TEN (10) people maximum per capsule.
- Seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will also have some space outside for latecomers.
- The following three minyomin will be for adult members only until the time stated in parenthesis:
- Friday Night “regular” minyon (until Barchu)
- Shabbos Day (until Shochane Ad)
- Shabbos Mincha 18:00 (until u’va l’tzion)
After the time stated in () above, non-adult children of members and non-members will be permitted entry on an “as available” basis. We ask members to come on time to avoid uncomfortable situations.
The plastic dividers are delicate, so please do not try to ”sneak” past them. Instead please only use the various entrance doorways to move to a different “capsule”.