Date: 08-Oct-2015 25 Tishrei 5776
Location: Ahavas Shalom
Attending: Lev Seltzer, Aryeh Beer , Alan Rubinstein, Micha Kushner,
Absent: Yonah Kauffman, Ari Waldman, Avi Rosenberg
Summary by Micha Kushner
- Rosh Hashanah
- Children’s noise caused problems for women to hear Shofar (and Bracha before). Maybe put “guard” at entrance to Annex.
- Maybe have extra shofar blowing for women at end of Musaf to discourage women from “squeezing” in for main Shofar blowing.
- Avi: Overall satisfaction with running of RH/YK/Sukos/ST.
- Four Chol HaMoed Minyans (and three on Hoshana Raba) spread out the attendance nicely.
- Simchas Torah
- The divider isn’t sound proof. Torah reading in Annex disturbed women from hearing main Torah reading. Maybe Annex reading should be in the back.
- One member suggested considering a Shiur for women during Hakafos instead of them just watching. Other Vaad members not sure women would be interested in a Shiur or anything else.
- Some felt that night Hakafos end late for families. Hakafos should be shorter.
- Girls were throwing candies and boys were throwing it back. Advertise in bulletin not to throw.
Davening Times and Locations
- Shacharis: Beis Midrash (On Rosh Chodesh, 6:20 and 8:05 Minyans will be in Annex.)
- Mincha 13:00 and 15:15: Beis Medrash
- 20 before Shkiah and 20 after Shkiah: Keep them as long as we can.
- 7pm Maariv in Beis Midrash
- 8pm Maariv in Annex (Daf Yomi in Beis Midrash from 19:15-20:15.)
- 9pm Maariv in Beis Midrash
- 2nd Maariv Motza’ei Shabbos will be in Annex.
- Sold about 425 (of 500) tickets.
Printer for Shul
- Lev will look into costs of buying a laser printer for the Shul for printing bulletins, schedules, etc.
- Printer should be able to do duplex printing.
- There was a lot of water that leaked into the Annex.
- Two possible sources: Ceiling around A/C or from rain from roof that runs under the outside wall.
- After the meeting, Shaul Glickman sprayed waterproof foam along the seam between the wall and the ground in the alleyway. We will see how well this works at the next rain.