Date: 23-Oct-2017 3 Cheshvan 5778
Location: Ahavas Shalom
Attending: Lev Seltzer, Micha Kushner, Aryeh Beer, Ari Waldman, Alan Lindsey, Avi Rosenberg, Yonah Kaufman
Summary by Micha Kushner
- About 330 tickets were sold, 80 less than last year.
- Possible cause of lower sales is competition from other campaigns (Shul and non-Shul related)
YBHZ (Yeshivas Bein HaZmanim)
- Money is still missing to cover costs of YBHZ.
- YBHZ learning adds to the Torah atmosphere of the Shul.
- YBHZ funding should be planned (several weeks) in advance.
- Many prefer our YBHZ because the official YBHZ has very strict demands and doesn’t always pay on time. We need to consider stricter rules with better stipend for our Shul.
- Children of members receive the highest stipend in the neighborhood.
Chagim Davening Comments
- In general the Davening ran smoothly throughout the Chagim.
- There were between 35-50 people at each of the Chol Hamoed Shacharis Minyans.
- Factors for choosing earlier date:
- Earlier date means Shabbos ends earlier giving more time for caterer.
- Want enough time after the MM, to allow Mishloach Manot project to run without competing.
- Preferred dates: Jan 13, Jan 6, Feb 3.
- Micha will check availability of Beis Tefilah hall on these dates.
- Micha will compare caterers.
- Several possible guests of honor were discussed. The preferred person will be contacted.
- If the MM is Jan 6 or Jan 13, time is short and we will need to move quicker than normal.
- Elections for new Vaad are planned for Motzash Dec 2.
- Deadline for submitting candidacy is Thursday Nov 23.
- Each candidate should submit a short paragraph stating something about himself and his goals for being on the Vaad.
- Several new people have expressed an interest in being on the Vaad.
- Lev is working on opening USA bank account for www.ahavasshalom.com .
- Micha will work on form for electronic credit card charity screen.
- Mr. Beer is collecting info needed for 2017 Amuta reports.
- There is a problem with re-arranging tables/chairs/annex after a Kiddush. No one currently has direct responsibility for it.
- The re-labelling of the Otzar Sefarim is nearing completion.
- Hopefully the Misholoach Manot project will run again this year.
- The Annex needs a new clock after the old clock was accidently broken.
Open Issues not discussed
- Tarp for Sukah
- Membership seat campaign/labelling
- Membership database storage