Date: 28-Feb-2016 19 Adar Alef 5776
Location: Ahavas Shalom
Attending: Lev Seltzer, Micha Kushner, Yonah Kaufman, Ari Waldman, Avi Rosenberg, Aryeh Beer, Alan Lindsey
Summary by Micha Kushner
- This coming week will be Goldwag Kabbalat Shabbat.
- After discussing with the Rav, there will be no “external” advertising and the seating arrangements will not be changed since we are not expecting a significantly larger crowd.
- The 7:15 and 8:05 Minyanim overlap on Mon and Thu and even more on RH.
- On RH, the 8:05 Minyan will start and end in the Annex.
- The Vaad is discussing with the Rav the possibility of changing the time and/or location of one of the Minyanim.
- The MM was overall was very successful – journal, speaker, caterer, timing, music
- Timing went well. Caterer was ready on time.
- Music (Ari and Moshe Dov Goldwag) was great.
Money and Amuta
- The Vaad is working with the accountant on filing 2015 reports.
- Although it may possible to get some type of independent USA tax exemption, it is not worth the effort since there are very few USA donations and they can be handled for free via PEF. (There is a 6-8 week delay in getting the money.)
- PayPal – No update. They did not respond to the last info we uploaded.
- There will be “Megila with the Kehilla” on Purim night.
- There will not be a Mishloach Manot project.
- There will be early Shabbos on Shushan Purim day.
- Davening times will be similar to last year. Lev will make updates and publicize.
- Main change is that we will be having a third Shacharis Minyan at 8:20. (Sof Zman KSh is 8:43)
- The women at the 7:30 Minyan will exit through the kitchen.
- The 8:20 Minyan will move to the main Shul for Megila reading after Kriyas HaTorah in the Annex. This will be the “women’s reading” (9:20 instead of 9:30).
- The wall needs to come down on Purim evening, and then go back up afterwards before the 8:20 Minyan.