Location: Ahavas Shalom
Attending: Lev Seltzer, Micha Kushner, Aryeh Beer, Ari Waldman, Alan Lindsey, Avi Rosenberg, Yonah Kaufman
Summary by Micha Kushner
- No new bookcases will be placed in the main Beis Midrash.
- Two older bookcases will moved to the Annex (exact location TBD).
- The two new bookcases will be placed in the entranceway.
- Since there are many opinions as to which books should be placed where, Avi Rosenberg will arrange books as he sees fit.
Erki Appeal and Membership Campaign
- So far 1780NIS has been raised (out of goal of 15,000NIS).
- A membership seating campaign will begin next week. Paying members will be allowed to have reserved seats (with name labels).
- A tarp is needed for the Sukah.
- A tarp is need is needed for entryway (where Kiddushes are held), but will be done only after some type of frame is built.
- A new clock is needed for the Annex.
- The Vaad will try to get a quote for putting bricks down from the top of the ramp up to the Annex.
- The 19:00 Mincha is struggling and there are some days when there is no Minyan.
- If there are several consecutive days without a Minyan, then it will be cancelled.
- There is a donor for a new Shatz Siddur.
- A Shatz “Kol Peh” Siddur was ordered but has not come in yet.
- After it arrives, it will be bound in leather.
- The raffle will remain the same as last year – cash prizes.
- The tickets will be printed on regular (and not glossy) paper. It was very hard to write on the glossy tickets.
- The Vaad will begin soliciting early bird prizes.
- Lev will begin working on ticket design.
- Tickets need to be printed by end of Tamuz.
Other Issues Not Discussed
- The 2016 Amuta Reports are about done and will signed and submitted soon.
- After comparing offers from two other agents, it was decided to renew the insurance with Gold Insurance.
- The Rav’s Chinuch series for women on Shabbos afternoon was very successful.