Date: 3-Dec-2017 4 Kislev 5778
Location: Ahavas Shalom
Attending: Lev Seltzer, Aryeh Beer, Yonah Kaufman, Brad Rubenstein, Hananiah Lasker, Yosef Richards, Micha Kushner
Guest: Naftali Kaplan
Summary by Micha Kushner
- Ten people ran for the Vaad.
- There were 46 votes. This was the highest attendance for an election in the Shul in the past ten years.
- Voting committee: Kevin Unger, Yosef Malamud, Peretz Dissen
- New Vaad: Lev Seltzer, Aryeh Beer, Yonah Kaufman, Brad Rubenstein, Hananiah Lasker, Yosef Richards, Micha Kushner
- Each Vaad member will have a specifically defined responsibility: Amuta, Membership, Building, Public Relations, etc.
- The Vaad decided that Lev Seltzer will be Rosh Vaad (RV).
- The Vaad decided that there will be an Assistant Rosh Vaad (ARV).
- The Vaad decided that Yosef Richards will be ARV.
- These will be the Vaad members’ responsibilities:
|Lev Seltzer||Chairman, Shul Bulletin|
|Rabbi Yosef Richards||Vice Chairman, Public Relations|
|Micha Kushner||Secretary, Avos Ubanim, Amuta issues|
|Yonah Kaufman||Municipal issues, Learning programs|
|Hananiah Lasker||House Maintenance|
|Brad Rubenstein||Social Activities and Membership|
- Each person is responsible for advancing his area of responsibility (including with other non-Vaad people as needed or desired) and keeping the Vaad informed.
- Several specific suggestions were made to enhance the ambience of the Melava Malka. The Vaad accepted these suggestions.
- There will be a Split the Pot raffle.
- There will be a special couple price of 160NIS.
- There will be some type of gift for women.
- The Vaad decided on the caterer and type of meal and hopefully will finalize this week.
- It was proposed to pay for secretarial services.
- The secretary will:
- Remind members about overdue payments or commitments (e.g. Aliyot)
- Send thank you letters for donations
- Call members about various issues (e.g. the Melave Malka)
- The Vaad approved moving ahead for a trial period. Brad Rubenstein will manage.
- Because there is no “office” in the Shul, the secretary will work from home.
- Friday night Oneg Shabboses will be starting.
- There will be several events for women in the next few weeks (Chanukah time). Rabbi Richards will organize an evening for women to express their opinions and ideas about activities in the Shul.